Neurosis for which this medication is sometimes prescribed https://pillintrip.com/medicine/xanax-retard is a concept that is no longer often used in psychiatry, but is actively used in everyday life to refer to various kinds of mental malaise.
Neurotic conditions are characterized by a variety of symptoms, but a number of common features can be identified:
1. Neurotic disorder has no physical cause, but can manifest itself with symptoms resembling a physical ailment.
Psychiatrist: “In the practice of doctors, it is frequent when a patient complains of pain or discomfort, for example, in the heart, stomach, intestines and other areas of the body. He goes to doctors, undergoes multiple examinations, but the cause is not found – physically he is healthy, and the unpleasant symptoms are a manifestation of neurosis. This is why such a patient is recommended to see a psychiatrist.
2. Neurosis always has a psychological cause.
Ye. V. Kiyan, psychotherapist: “Symptom of neurosis is a result of how the person’s psyche reacts to some disadvantage. If the cause of the trouble is external – it is clear and visible, for example, a failure at work or parting with a loved one – but the real cause is always hidden from the person himself – it lies in his subconscious. For example, neurosis manifested by an obsessive desire to maintain cleanliness and order may be a manifestation of a conflict between the needs of the personality and an internal ban on their manifestation. Psychotherapy, which is the basic direction of treatment of neurotic disorders, can help to reveal the real reason.
3. Manifestations of neurosis are very diverse. It is possible to distinguish the following groups:
– Anxiety and phobic disorders – these are various fears, panic attacks, increased anxiety;
– Obsessive-compulsive disorder – obsessive thoughts, actions, constructions, aspirations;
– conversion disorders – in other words, they are called hysterical reactions – feelings of memory loss, altered sensation, impaired body movement and other
– somatoform disorders – the presence of “symptoms” of physical illness, in the absence of physical illness;
– neurasthenia – a state of increased mental fatigue, tension headaches, sleep disorders, inability to relax.
4. In neurosis, there is no disturbance of criticism, painful detachment from reality; the patient seeks help and wants cure.
Gamchyan A.A.: “There is a conditional division in psychiatry into levels of disorders: neurotic – patient is not detached from reality, his personality is not disturbed, borderline – when there is some disorganization of psyche, and psychotic – detached from reality, delirium and hallucinations”.